Friday, August 28, 2009

Did Your Husband See You?

When I got to work today, my girlfriend commented on how good I looked. I was glad, because I felt the same way, I was wearing a new dress and had accessorized a little sass into it! I also felt good in it, I felt like that baby weight that I am still holding on to was nicely disguised and the shape and cut flattered my figure nicely. Then she asked, did your husband see you this morning? Another co-worker commented on this, to the tune of, he should have said, you are going to be late to your meeting....

The thing is, my husband did see me this morning and I actually had to ask him if my outfit looked okay. When I got back to my office, I was kind of upset and then God softened my heart. You see, my husband didn't really notice me this morning and I think that I know why. We are going through some tough times right now in our marriage. I think that the Holy Spirit is really working on both of us. When I talk to people about it, they seem scared for us, or hesitant, but it actually excites me. You see, I know that going through this now means that when we make it through, our marriage will be better because of it.

So, why didn't he notice? Well, I think that he is being worked over by the Holy Spirit. I have been brutally honest with him lately (something I don't always do, you see, I am a people pleaser) and I think that it is hitting a nerve. I think he is realizing that some of the things that I am saying are right and he needs to do something about them. It is really hard to compliment someone who is right, when you know that by them being right, you are wrong. I don't doubt that he loves me or thinks that I am beautiful, but I think that he is really struggling with the junk in his life.

Don't worry, the Holy Spirit is doing a number on me too! And girl, it is not the most fun thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment